Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Orange Girl




At the lab they call me Orange Girl since my skin has an orange tint. This seems almost fitting since growing up I was called Pumpkin since I was born on Halloween. It is interesting how life can come to a full circle if you get what I mean. Needless to say, one of my favorite colors is orange or orange tinted things.




The day before my Bday, we went to Salem, MA -- home of the infamous witch trials in the 1600's. The town has definately played that claim to fame up! It was somewhat disturbing seeing the marketing and almost celebrating of the witch trials (a very horrible, horrible thing that happend to some very innocent people). However we must learn from our past to hopefully not repeat it. Posted above is our guide Herb, who gave us a candle lit tour of Salem (and told some haunting tales).
The Grasshopper restaurant is one of our favorite places to eat when we are around Boston. It is a wonderful vegan restaurant where one can closely eat ETL. My plate came loaded with Kale with some faux lobster. Awesome stuff!


Right around the corner is T.J. Scallewaggles, a vegan pizzeria and sub shop. We had to stop there and try some. Not ETL, but a definate treat.

1 comment:

The P & A Food Chronicles said...

its sad but in california there isn't that many veggie places!!